The roles of children-teachers-parents & the environment are all equally important within our schools.
- We see children as collaborators in their learning with a focus on building relationships with other children, teachers, and people in their community.
- We see children as protagonists being strong, rich, and capable.
- Our teachers are partners, nurturers, and guides who facilitate children’s exploration of themes, projects, and experiences with open-ended discovery and problem-solving. They learn how to plan and proceed in their work, by listening to the children, and then provide occasions and opportunities for discovery and learning.
- The teacher is a researcher; who works among a team of professionals engaged in continuous discussion, facilitation & interpretation of the children’s work.
- The parent is a partner; participation is considered essential and can take many forms including trust, ideas, skills and communication.
- The environment is the third teacher; the design and use of space should encourage encounters, communication and relationships.
- The environment should be beautiful and organized. Every part should have a purpose and be valued and cared for by the children and adults.
We passionately believe in our authentic child-led, play-based programme, inspired by the Reggio-Emilia philosophy.
How Children Learn at SKY
Book A Tour With Us Today!
Come Visit Us.
At Sky International Preschools, we do things a little differently and we really recommend that you visit us to see what we do! Please leave your information below, our staff will contact you to arrange a visit.
Subscribe to us
Don’t miss our updates